This easy dish makes a lovely side for almost any meal. The sesame oil lends a light nutty grounding quality, and the bok choy shines with its fresh green taste.
2 baby bok choys (or 1 larger bok choy)
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
salt to taste
- Rinse the bok choy and pat dry. Slice into bite-sized pieces (include green leaves and white base – it’s all yummy!).
- Add oil to a frying pan on medium heat until it shimmers. Add cumin seeds and sauté until they are fragrant – about a minute.
- Add sliced bok choy and stir to coat with the oil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, until some white pieces are lightly browned in spots.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, stir, and cook for a few more minutes. I like the white parts to remain slightly crunchy, but find what you like!
- Sprinkle with salt and serve piping hot.