1/2 bunch dandelion greens, rinsed and ripped into bite-sized pieces
1/2 bunch swiss chard, rinsed and ripped into bite-sized pieces
1 Tablespoon ghee (or olive or sunflower oil)
1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
1 clove of garlic, diced
About a half cup of water
Salt to taste
(optional) toasted pine nuts
1. In a saucepan, warm the ghee or oil over medium-low heat. Add the cumin seeds and sauté for a minute until the seeds start to release their aroma.
2. Add the greens and move them around to coat them with oil.
3. Saute until greens are soft (just a couple minutes). Add the water and quickly cover with a lid, so the steam helps cook the greens further.
4. Add the garlic in the last minute or so of cooking, so it doesn’t burn.
5. Remove from heat and add salt to taste. The salty flavor balances bitter and makes it more palatable so don’t be shy! If desired, sprinkle toasted pine nuts over the greens, and enjoy.