Do not be confused – there is no spaghetti in this dish! Just this novel winter squash. After cooking, the flesh of the squash divides into strands! This recipe’s simple baking method creates a delicious simple side dish seasoned with ghee, salt and pepper, or you can use it as a base for a more involved entree by topping it with beans and rice, or sauteed veggies and goat cheese. (You can also totally add tomato sauce and parmesan cheese!)
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the squash cut-side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on size of the squash) until the flesh is tender.
- Remove squash from the oven, and draw a fork over the flesh to pull it out of the shell in strands. Place the strands in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with the ghee or oil, and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!