This comforting, wholesomely sweet dish is great for balancing Vata dosha. Cooking the apples dispels their otherwise Vata-aggravating hard and crunchy qualities. Great for breakfast or for an afternoon snack.
Makes 2 small servings – or 1 decadent one!
- 2 organic apples, cored and sliced (and peeled if vata is high)
- 3 soft dates, preferably Medjool, pitted and cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons organic ghee
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a dash of salt