This simple warm shake makes a wonderful addition to breakfast or a great afternoon snack. It grounds Vatadosha, strengthens the nervous system and soothes Pitta. Soaked almonds, dates, and saffron are known to boost ojas (the body’s immune function and our deepest source of energy and vitality). This is a great pick-me-up when energy is low due to overactivity.
- 4 pitted dates (soaked overnight – and keep the soaking water)
- 9 raw almonds (soaked overnight, then slip off the brown skin and discard skins and soaking water)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2-3 saffron threads + 1 Tablespoon water (optional)
- Additional warm water to bring total to approximately 10 ounces
- If using saffron, place threads in a Tablespoon of warm water to soak for about 5 minutes while you peel the almonds.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Delish!