Falling leaves, the smell of chimney smoke, and the promise of the holidays conjure up memories of cozy traditions and comfort foods.
And yet again this year, we’re feeling the pinch of the pandemic.
The holidays are always a welcome pause from our typical routines, and these days we certainly can use a change of scenery! We can still enjoy the anticipation and preparations for a special holiday, even if we are making some changes to our usual traditions. It’s just an invitation to get creative – so let’s get busy!
A Special Cooking Class With Ivy
One of the ways many of us connect with loved ones is around food ~ sharing stories while we plan the foods we’ll eat, preparing a feast of family favorites, and then eating together.
If your holiday plans are looking different again this year, I invite you to come gather with me around the hearth of our warm hearts for a planning session. You’ll end up with a kitchen full of delicious smells, a full belly, and ideas to share with your loved ones to create some new traditions.
In this pre-recorded cooking class, you will…
- Learn to make 2 delicious, nutritious Ayurvedic main dishes and a decadent dessert you can share at your holiday meals (or whenever you fancy!)
- Use the provided recipes to gather ingredients and cook along with Ivy while you watch
- Feel the camaraderie of gathering around your kitchen table with good company
- Enjoy some luscious warming Ayurvedic beverages while you cook
- Explore the in’s and out’s of specific preventive health practices Ayurveda recommends for this season
- Participate in traditional invocations to uplift the mind, to strengthen your health, and to give thanks
- Learn a holiday tree ritual you can make your own and do at home
Recorded live on zoom last year, this sweet gathering still gives off warmth and light! Here’s the menu: We cook some delicious Ayurvedic recipes, discovering why certain spices and ingredients are healthful in this season, all while sipping something steamy from your favorite mug.
We explore preventive care practices from Ayurveda renowned for shoring up our natural defenses at this time of year. We experiment and discuss how to bring new practices into our daily lives.
We build reverence and community with chanting, ritual, stories and sharing. We remember why holidays (or holy-days) are so important, in every epoch, and discuss specific ideas and creative rituals to make this year’s celebration nourishing and warm.
Come join in and make some healthy delicious foods, boost your health defense system, and uplift your spirits. There is much to be thankful for.
The Recipes We Explore…
Butternut Squash Apple Bake
(vegetarian or ground lamb options)
Ayurvedic Kabocha Coconut Dal
Dr. Lad’s Ayurveda Chai
Pear Cardamom Crumble
Golden Milk with a Twist
Ayurvedic Cooking for Holiday Cheer in these Uncommon Times
Special Pandemic Price
- 2.5 hour video of cooking instruction, demonstration and Ayurvedic teaching
- Downloadable collection of 5 recipes
- “Preventive Health Care Practices for Autumn/Winter” Information Sheet
- “Your Holidays, Reimagined: 3 Components of Holy Days” Information Sheet