Chapel Hill Talk: CANCELLED
“Kickstart your Health:
Seasonal Cleansing with Ayurveda”
Thursday, Sept. 20, 7pm, Chapel Hill Library (Cancelled)
Join Ayurveda Practitioner Ivy Ingram to discover why Ayurvedic cleanses are so transformational. At this free talk you’ll learn…
* The first step to getting rid of bloating, constipation, hyperacidity, seasonal allergies, painful joints, skin breakouts, fatigue, and more
* Why the proper sequence of actions is key to making a cleanse effective
* How to amplify the body’s self-healing tendency by harnessing seasonal rhythms
* Details about participating in a guided Ayurvedic cleanse this autumn
Bring your questions! To save your seat, email: Connect at ivyingram dot com
A Free Virtual Ayurveda Practice Group
Save the dates for these online New Moon gatherings with Ivy!
Thursday, July 12
Sunday, August 12
Sunday, September 9
8pm ET / 5pm PT
200-Hour Adaptive Yoga Teacher Training
Are you ready to take the next step along your path to deepening your yoga journey as a practitioner, or as a teacher? A yoga teacher training is a life-changing experience as you open to yourself in ways that only immersion in the study and practice of yoga can provide.
The 200-hour Adaptive Yoga Teacher Training is approved by Yoga Alliance for certification. What makes this yoga training different is that it focuses on making the many practices of yoga accessible to everyone, regardless of age or level of fitness. You will learn to honor individual differences and emphasize the adaptation of the practice to differently-abled bodies.
This type of training is often sought out by health care practitioners, educators, and therapists who are interested in including integrative yoga into their work with clients, as well as yoga practitioners who are interested in deepening their understanding of yoga in a non-competitive atmosphere that will honor where they are in their practice.
Cheryl Fenner Brown, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, Reiki Master, is the program director and lead teacher. Ivy Ingram, MA, AP, will be support faculty.
The curriculum will include:
- The history and philosophy and ethics of yoga including study of the Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
- Teaching techniques and methodologies for asana (postures), pranayama (breathing), mudra (hand gestures), mantra (chanting and sound), and yoga nidra (guided meditation and visualization)
- Physical anatomy and how the systems of the body are affected by yoga
- Healthy movement patterns and how to prevent common yoga injuries
- The energetic anatomy of the koshas, chakras, bandhas, nadis, and vayus
- How yoga affects mind/body health and stress management
- The importance of meditation, relaxation, and visualization
- The business and legality of yoga including tips on marketing
- Tips on becoming insured, and how to start and grow your yoga business.
For more details: Click here.