Ghee is a miracle food and medicine, for so many reasons. It’s a healthy high-heat cooking oil, deeply nutritive, and lubricating to the joints and connective tissue.
The tastiest ghee is the ghee you make at home! But it can be a bit tricky to get it right.
I made this 60-second video to entice you into the magical ways of ghee – and also to reveal the EASIEST way to learn to make it!
I’m also excited to be kicking off my foundational course, Embodied Ayurveda, in September, right around the corner!
The last time I offered this class, it sold out, so if you’re intrigued now is definitely the time to jump in – there are only a few seats left…
A 6-Week Course on Living a Nourished Life
In this weekly class, we’ll dive into the lusciousness of Ayurveda to support your health: the nurturing body care, the enlivening herbs and teas, the heart-centered rituals, the tricks for making fabulous food fast, as well as the theory behind it all that makes it logical and intuitive.
Through this inspiring, perspective-shifting course, you will
- Refine your understanding of the language of your body, so you know what it’s asking for and how to tend it, whether you’re feeling well or healing from something
- Gain real clarity about how to create health – not by blindly following “rules” but by exploring what’s true in your own system
- Learn methods to cook with medicinal spices, and how to make ghee at home
- Feel empowered to noticeably improve your health by getting crystal clear why certain activities, foods, and behaviors energize you, while others bring you down
- Uncover a gentle faith in the wisdom and support of Nature that is holding us
Each week, we’ll explore a central principles of Ayurveda, such as digestive fire, the animating intelligence of prana, our personal wellspring of immunity, or the map of the 3 doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Beyond theory, we’ll apply the concepts in concrete ways – you’ll learn kitchen essentials, like the 3 best spices to enkindle digestion, and how to make ghee and specific herbal infusions. We’ll explore self-care, like the most calming self-massage points, and how to notice the signs of true hunger.
Each week you’ll have an easy take-home experiment to play with. You’ll receive extensive written info sheets, recipes, and guidelines, so you don’t have to take mad notes the whole time!
We’ll meet in my home studio in southwest Durham, with easy access to the kitchen. By the end, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a vital new community that will lift your spirits and your health.
Wednesday evenings, 6-7:30pm (Sept. 4 – Oct. 9)
OR Monday mornings, 10-11:30am (Sept. 9 – Oct. 15)
For more information, click here.